Hautvillers THE CRADLE OF CHAMPAGNE
Hautvillers offers an excellent and unlimited view on the sea of vines which engulf the hillside slopes. Still, this is not its only attraction. The memory of Dom Perignon floats over this village, where picturesque alleys and wrought iron signposts, gourmet spaces and champagne producers delight its visitors.
HAUTVILLERS City hall
123 rue Henri Martin
Open from Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to noon and Tuesday evenings from 4.00 pm to 7.00 pm.
To see / to do
- Guided tour with the Association “Les Amis d’Hautvillers“
- Abbey church with the tomb of Dom Pérignon.
- 140 wrought iron signs and typical Champagne architecture,
- Panoramic view of the Marne Valley at the Dom Pérignon site
- Panoramic site of the Croix Joseph, direction Saint-Imoges
- Stork Aviary
- Hiking circuits: Dom Pérignon Pedestal circuit – Botanical Path of Rinsillons – Boucle de Bellevue circuit – Saint-Marc circuit – Boucle des Rinsillons – Sentier du Pic Noir – Sentier Randocroquis d’Hautvillers
- All year round : exhibitions at the Tourist Office
- April: Comics Festival
- Ascension Weekend: Art in the Street
- September: Heritage Days
- November-December: Exhibition of cribs
- Restaurants and café
- Bakery and Pastry
- Souvenir shop and wine shop
- Sale of honey
- Gites and guest rooms