Germaine THE CALL OF THE FOREST
Its around the year 200, that the Germaines, a tribe from the north, colonised this corner of the Montagne de Reims, giving their name to the village. Over the years, the village developed around forestery activities. Important historic heritage has been preserved: the church of Sainte-Croix , the wash-houses and historic villas and mansions…
GERMAINE City Hall
1, rue de Courtagnon
Open on Tuesdays from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm and from 1.00 pm to 3.30 pm, on Thursdays from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm and from 1.00 pm to 6.30 pm.
To see / To do
- Sainte Croix Church of the 12th century,
- 2 wash-houses,
- Calvary: panoramic view of the Marne Valley,
- Experimental wine-growing centre of a major Champagne house: cultivation of the so-called lyre vine,
- Walking tour of the woods, meadows and vineyards of Germaine – 5 km
- Elves Trail – 2 km
- “Si Germaine m’était conté” discovery tour.
- Puzzle rally to discover the village – Curiocity