Germaine THE CALL OF THE FOREST
Its around the year 200, that the Germaines, a tribe from the north, colonised this corner of the Montagne de Reims, giving their name to the village.
Over the years, the village developed around forestery activities. Important historic heritage has been preserved: the church of Sainte-Croix , the wash-houses and historic villas and mansions…
GERMAINE City Hall
1, rue de Courtagnon
Open on tuesday from 2:15 pm to 7:15 pm, on wednesday & saturday from 8.45 am to 12.15 pm.
Heritage and nature
- Church of the Holy Cross from the 12th century
- 3 wash houses
- Calvary : panoramic view of the Marne Valley from the hamlet of Vaurémont
- Verger du Champ Pansé presenting fruit trees of local varieties
HIKES / WALKS
Shops and services
- Gîtes (see below)
- Food-truck : Place de l’église, Pizzeria (Friday evening) / Asian cuisine (Sunday evening)
- Grocery store / Local products (see below)
- Bistrot du Cerf à 3 pattes: open every Friday from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Railway station “La Ligne des Bulles“
- Car sharing with Citiz : Rue du Pré Michaux
- Picnic tables: Playground for young children in front of the church – Multisports ground, direction Vaurémont before crossing between the D71 road and the railway
- Multisports ground with 2 soccer fields – 1 basketball court : D71
- Lumberjack reception area (car park, information board) rue de Courtagnon at the entrance to the forest