Bouzy RED OF PLEASURE
Red from pleasure. South facing, the Bouzy vineyards benefit from plenty of sunshine, assisting the even ripening process of pinot noir.
Renowned for its champagne and red wine, which used to be served at the coronations of the kings of France, the village is also famous for a type of dark red iris, the “Bouzy-Bouzy”.
Mairie de BOUZY
Open on Mondays and Thursdays from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, Tuesdays from 9.00 am to 7.30 pm and Fridays from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm.
Heritage and nature
- The Saint-Basle church of the XIXth century and its stained glass windows without lead, without cement and without gluing of the glass, of a height of 4,5 meters and of a single piece. This is a world first.
- Brisset Tower.
- Orientation table with view on the hillside.
HIKES / WALKS
- Walking tour ” Le Chemin des Vignes ” – 5 km / 1h45
- Cycling circuit ” Le Chemin des Vignes ” – 8.33 km / 1h10
- Car circuit ” Le Chemin des Vignes ” – 6.48 km / 0h50
- Family mountain bike circuit of Bouzy – 9 km / 1h00
- Expert mountain bike circuit of Bouzy – 21 km / 2h00
BOOKS AND WORKS ON THE COMMUNE
- Bouzy by Michel Jolyot
- Histoire de Bouzy par un vigneron champenois
- Poster of the village (on sale at the tourist office)
ACCOMMODATION / CATERING
- Gîtes (see below)
- Bed and breakfast (see below)
- Restaurant (see below)
- Foodtruck (pizzeria) on Thursday evening – place de la Mairie
- Food shop
- Beauty salon – Hairdresser
- Post office
- Souvenir store and local products (see below)
- Automatic cash dispenser
- Pharmacy : + 33 (0)3 26 57 74 88
- Nurses : + 33 (0)3 26 57 66 02
- Doctor : + 33 (0)3 26 57 07 09
- Point of view Panoramic Tour, chemin rural du Nonicart : 49°05’52.8″N 4°08’35.2″E
- Car-sharing with Citiz : town hall
- Sport-Health-Nature Relay – Rue Félix Faure : multisport hall, outdoor soccer fields, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, skate-park
- Children’s playground : rue Félix Faure
- Ping-pong tables : rue Félix Faure
- Picnic tables : rue Félix Faure
- Bicycle parking : rue Félix Faure
- May: second-hand Market
- June : Trail de Bouzy