Bouzy RED OF PLEASURE
Red from pleasure. South facing, the Bouzy vineyards benefit from plenty of sunshine, assisting the even ripening process of pinot noir. Renowned for its champagne and red wine, which used to be served at the coronations of the kings of France, the village is also famous for a type of dark red iris, the “Bouzy-Bouzy”.
Mairie de BOUZY
Open Mondays and Thursdays and Fridays from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, Tuesdays from 9.00 am to 7.30 pm and Fridays from 9.00 am to 4.00 pm.
To see / to do
- The church of Saint-Basle from the 19th century with its lead-free, cement-free and glue-less stained glass windows, 4.5 metres high and in one piece. This is a world first,
- Chemin des Vignes (walking, cycling and car circuit),
- Farm “L’Escargot des Grands Crus”,
- 2 mountain bike circuits,
- Brisset Tower,
- Orientation table with a view of the hillside.
Shops & Services
- Grocery store
- Beauty salon – Hairdressing salon
- Relais Sport-Santé-nature
- May: second-hand Market
- June : Trail de Bouzy