Aÿ-Champagne – Mareuil-sur-Aÿ commune LIFE IN GREEN AND BLUE
Life in green and blue. With its vineyards, beautiful wine houses and cellars, Mareuil-sur-Aÿ is a typical village of the historic hillsides of Champagne with the added pleasure of water.
The nautical quay built on the side channel to the Marne provides boaters with an ideal base to explore the Champagne heritage.
MAREUIL-SUR-AY City Hall
62 rue Carnot – MAREUIL SUR AY
Open Mondays and Thursdays from 9 am to 12 pm, and Tuesdays and Fridays from 9 am to 12 pm and from 2 pm to 6 pm.
Heritage and nature
- Church of St Hilaire XIIth century
- View from the canal on the 18th century Montebello Castle, classified as a historical monument
- Mont du Gruguet with its statue of the Virgin and Child and its panorama
HIKES / WALKS
- Walking tour of Mareuil-sur-Aÿ and its water mirror 6,2 km / 1h45
- Discovery trail “Le Parc au fil de l’eau” 28 km
- The Marne Valley bicycle route (65 km from Dormans to Moncetz-Longevas)
BOOKS AND WORKS ON THE COMMUNE
- Poster of the village (on sale at the tourist office)
- “Histoire de Mareuil-sur-Aÿ et de ses vignerons depuis l’origine à la révolution” – By Hubert De la Marle
ACCOMMODATION – CATERING
- Bar/Brasserie (see below),
- Bed and Breakfast (see below),
- Bakery-Pastry shop
- Food shop
- Press/Tobacco shop
- Post office,
- Medical office | Rue des Coteau historiques – Tel : + 33 (0)3 26 54 01 11
- Veterinary clinic | Rue des Coteau historiques – Tél : + 33 (0)3 26 55 20 95
- Service area for motor homes (8 places) : Place du Grand Jard
- Picnic tables : along the D9e / along the Canal de la Marne
- Bicycle parking: along the bicycle route
- Connections from the Epernay bus station by bus from Monday to Saturday (line n°10)
- Playground for children : Promenade de Maclas, along the canal / Within the stadium, rue d’Aÿ
- Nautical relay & harbour master’s office
- Sports facilities : Rue d’Ay (soccer fields, tennis courts, basketball court)
- Library : 7 rue d’Aÿ – Tel : + 33 (0)3 26 52 64 15 Wednesday 14:00-17:00 and Saturday 14:00-16:00
- April: hiking by “La Maison de Mareuil”.
- May: Antique and craft fair
- May: flower market, local products and crafts.
- July-August: visit of the church