Aÿ-Champagne – Mareuil-sur-Aÿ commune LIFE IN GREEN AND BLUE
Life in green and blue. With its vineyards, beautiful wine houses and cellars, Mareuil-sur-Aÿ is a typical village of the historic hillsides of Champagne with the added pleasure of water. The nautical quay built on the side channel to the Marne provides boaters with an ideal base to explore the Champagne heritage.
MAREUIL-SUR-AY City Hall
62 rue Carnot – MAREUIL SUR AY
Open Mondays and Thursdays from 9 am to 12 pm, and Tuesdays and Fridays from 9 am to 12 pm and from 2 pm to 6 pm.
To do / to see
- Church of St Hilaire XIIth c
- View of the 18th century Montebello Castle, classified as a Historic Monument.
- Mont du Gruguet with its statue of the Virgin and Child and its panorama
- Kiosk and playground
- Camper van area (8 places)
- Cycle route of the Marne Valley
- Discovery trail “Le Parc au fil de l’eau” (The Park along the water)
- Circuit of Mareuil-sur-Aÿ and its water mirror (1h45)
- Visit Greeters
- Nautical relay & harbour master’s office
- Cruises on the Marne with Bullet 1927
- April: hiking by “La Maison de Mareuil”.
- May: Antique and craft fair
- May: flower market, local products and crafts.
- July-August: visit of the church
Shops & services
- Bakery and Pastry
- Connections from Epernay bus station by bus from Monday to Saturday (line n°10)