Aÿ-Champagne – Bisseuil commune AND IN THE MIDDLE FLOWS THE MARNE CANAL
And in the middle flows the canal. Located at the foot of the Montagne de Reims, Bisseuil unfolds on both sides of the canal.
A curve of the Marne caresses the south of the village, in between the woods and fields. Manhandled by history, it always rebuilt itself from sieges and fires.
Today, medieval fortifications planted with willows remain part of the ditches.
BISSEUIL City Hall
25 quai Sud du Canal – Bisseuil
Open on Mondays from 2 pm to 6 pm, Wednesdays from 9 am to noon and from 2 pm to 6pm, and Thursdays from 2 pm to 6 pm.
Heritage and nature
- Saint Hélain Church Church rebuilt in the 15th and 18th centuries. North arm of the transept from the 12th-13th centuries. Classified as a historical monument
- Monument to the dead of the First World War – column topped by a rooster
- Swinging bridge over the canal lateral to the Marne
HIKES / WALKS
- Discovery trail “Le Parc au fil de l’eau” 28 km
- Cycle route of the Marne Valley (65 km from Dormans to Moncetz-Longevas)
- Gites (see below)
- Bed and breakfast
- Car-sharing with Citiz : Rue de l’école/Salle des Fêtes
- Picnic table : at the corner of Quai Nord du Canal and Rue du Pont : 2 tables including 1 covered table
- Bicycle parking: at the corner of Quai Nord du Canal and Rue du Pont
- Sports facilities : Football and basketball field (near the town hall)
- Library : 25 quai sud du Canal – Wednesday 14:00-18:00
European Heritage Days
Cribs in Champagne