Aÿ-Champagne – Bisseuil commune AND IN THE MIDDLE FLOWS THE MARNE CANAL
And in the middle flows the canal. Located at the foot of the Montagne de Reims, Bisseuil unfolds on both sides of the canal. A curve of the Marne caresses the south of the village, in between the woods and fields. Manhandled by history, it always rebuilt itself from sieges and fires.
Today, medieval fortifications planted with willows remain part of the ditches.
BISSEUIL City Hall
25 quai Sud du Canal – Bisseuil
Open on Mondays from 2 pm to 6 pm, Wednesdays from 9 am to noon and from 2 pm to 6pm, and Thursdays from 2 pm to 6 pm.
To see / to do
- Saint Hélain Church Church rebuilt in the 15th and 18th c. North arm of the transept from the 12th-13th c. Listed as a Historical Monument
- First World War Memorial – Column topped by a cockerel
- Swing bridge over the lateral canal at the Marne River
- Discovery trail “Le Parc au fil de l’eau” (The Park along the water)
- Cycle route of the Marne Valley
Shops & services
- April: Second-hand Market
- September: Second-hand Market
- September: European Heritage Days
- December: Cribs in Champagne